Events at St. Luke's
We Welcome our new pastoral team!
Lay Supply Pastor
Richard F Camino
Part-time Local Pastor
Know our pastors' roles.
Jeff's contributions include the following:
1. Preach the gospel on Sundays.
2. Conduct bible study each Tuesday.
3. Continue to serve and maintain positive relationships with Westabou, the Kroc Center, and surrounding ministries/service organizations.
4. Be a beacon in the community by visiting the sick, counseling the youth, and being visible in the Harrisburg area.
5. Collaborate and support our Part-time Pastor, Richard F Camino, in our mission of serving God, by serving our community in the love of Christ.
5. Partner with St John, Woodlawn, and the Wesley Foundation as part of the ASC
Richard's contributions include:
1. Receiving new members.
2. Performing the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion.
3. Occasional preaching (in coordination with Jeff Jarrett), teaching, and participating in worship and liturgy.
4. Collaborate in outreach programs in our community.
5. Collaborate and support our Supply Pastor, Jeff Jarrett, in our mission of serving God, by serving our community in the love of Christ.
6. Participation as a liaison with our South East District, North Georgia UMC.
Memories of Church and Community
Merry Christmas from St. Luke
To love God is to love your neighbor.
Present when our community is in need
Marsha and Phil Congratulations!
We are so proud of you all.
Thank you for your service and commitment and for being part of Saint Luke United Methodist Church, Harrisburg-Augusta, Georgia
2020 Walton Award Recipients | Phil & Marsha Jones
The George & Dorothy Walton Award is presented annually to an Augusta-area couple who exemplify the legacy and values of George and Dorothy Walton. The award recognizes a lifestyle of community service, selflessness, hospitality, courage, and devotion.
Phil & Marsha Jones were nominated for the 2020 Walton Award by community member Shep Gallagher who knew the Joneses from time together at Trinity on the Hill UMC. Since then, the Jones have served with St. Luke’s UMC in the Harrisburg neighborhood of Augusta, GA for the past 13 years. The Jones not only work with the church, but they also work with seemingly every other organization within the Harrisburg community to help the neighbors find homes, work, education, food and safety. Whenever they see a need, they try to find a way to help. Their dedication and creative solutions are truly making a difference in the Harrisburg neighborhood.
Together, Marsha and Phil Jones have demonstrated selfless, Christian compassion for the people of Harrisburg.” Russell Joel Brown - GNM
Food Delivery in Harrisburg, Augusta GA
May 17, 2020
Food Delivery for the Richmond County BOE ends May 21. Beginning the first week in June we will be delivering food boxes for families living in Harrisburg. We are partnering with Trinity on the Hill UMC, Wesley UMC, St. Augustine’s Episcopal Church and Church of Our Savior Episcopal Church.
If you know of a family in our neighborhood who could use a food box please let Marsha know. If you’d like to volunteer to help there are several ways you can participate. 1.) Pick up food from Golden Harvest 2.) Packing the food boxes 3.) Delivering the boxes to families.
Run the Yewelz, Nyk P "Open Mic Special Edition. Hosted by Julian Smart-Rimple
May 26, 2020
For young professionals and millennials seeking to shine!